Singapore Business Federation jobs
- Roles & Responsibilities : On 1 January 2018, SBF re-positioned itself as the apex business platform, working closely with the other trade associations and chambers here to promote the growth and vibrancy of the Singapore business community. We also act as the bridge between businesses and our Government. As a key part of our re-positioning, SBF has committees of business leaders to champion important issues of concern Read more
to significant segments of our business community and pursue activities to help the community itself. One such committee is the SBF SME Committee (SMEC). Similar to the re-positioning of SBF, the SMEC was re-positioned in on 1 April 2018 to also look into pursuing high impact programmes that will help our SMEs. This will be in addition to its advocacy work. As Senior Manager, Advocacy & Actions (Business Environment), you will work closely with the Director, Advocacy & Actions, and Deputy Director, Advocacy & Actions (Business Environment) to co-ordinate the work of the SMEC Main Committee. This will also involve working closely with the SMEC Sub-committee on Business Environment & Cost Competitiveness and its Rental Practices Working Group to enable a cost-efficient environment to facilitate growth and facilitate SMEs’ access to financing.
This role will involve:
- Co-ordinating the Work of the SBF SMEC
Assisting in staffing of the SMEC Main Committee.
Assisting in putting together the SMEC’s overall advocacy messages and its annual recommendations for the Singapore Budget.
Assisting in organising the overarching activities of the SMEC including the annual Future Economy Conference and Exhibition.
- Staffing the SMEC Sub-committee on Business Environment & Cost Competitiveness and its Rental Practices Working Group
Assisting in gathering & analysing feedback and conducting studies to better identify the challenges faced by our SMEs on the topics concerned, and the policies, programmes and activities that our Government and the business community itself should pursue to address the challenges.
Assisting in developing advocacy messages and recommendations on the topics concerned. This will also include working with the committees, our SME community and relevant stakeholders to identify what policies and programmes should be put in place, or changed, as businesses’ inputs to the annual Singapore Budget.
Assisting in developing and driving high impact programmes and activities on the topics concerned.
- The role will also involve pursue any other tasks and responsibilities that may be assigned by the organisation.
Minimally a degree in Business or a relevant discipline with at least 5 years of relevant working experience in the private or public sector, especially with regards to helping SMEs on the topics concerned.
A good understanding of the key concerns of our SMEs, especially in the area of business environment and cost, and a passion for helping SMEs grow
A demonstrated ability in organising conferences, forums, seminars, workshops and roundtable discussions
Excellent qualitative, quantitative and problem-solving skills
Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to express complex issues simply and logically
Good stakeholder management skills and a collaborative mindset with the ability to bring various parties together to achieve results.
Proactive and possess the drive and resourcefulness to come up with innovative solutions/recommendations and operationalising the solutions/recommendations
Results-oriented with multi-tasking capabilities
Able to work well in a team and as an individual contributor
- market environment 679 jobs
- coordination 5,413 jobs
- efficient 3,280 jobs
- facilitation 2,288 jobs
- budget management 3,130 jobs
- public sector experience 165 jobs
- problem solving 4,066 jobs
- client/stakeholder management 2,302 jobs
- proactive 4,319 jobs
- creative thinking 4,698 jobs
- results-oriented 5,681 jobs
- multi-task 2,431 jobs
- team player 9,442 jobs